Join the Net Zero cluster project
Energy Valley and Capgemini Invent are hosting the second net zero gathering on the 24 of August. Here they will address the challenges, opportunities, and risks in a net zero future.
– Everyone is talking about net zero and their ambitious targets, but to reach these targets, the energy sector is dependent on the supplier industry to find solutions, says Senior Manager at Capgemini Invent Norway Øyvind Eikeland.
In addition to discussing the opportunities, challenges, and risks, the discussion will look at how the SMEs can work together on these topics in this collaborative project. A representative from Rystad Energy will look at what it means to be net zero in the energy supply chain and will talk about among others:
- Where is the world heading when it comes to energy mix scenarios
- What are the bottlenecks to achieving 1.5 degrees
- How can suppliers realize these targets through new solutions
– There are two ways to look at the race to net zero. The downside and the upside. The winners of tomorrow are those proactively grasping the opportunities on both sides, says Eikeland.
About the project
The project aims to restructure the Norwegian supplier industry in line with the large energy companies’ net-zero strategies, turning a CO2-intensive value chain into a competitive advantage for increased exports from Norway, as an energy nation, and the companies in the cluster. While also enabling the suppliers to contribute towards reduced emissions in line with national and global reduction goals and report this.
The Net Zero Project also has transfer value to industries other than the supplier industry, and there are plans to expand the project to become a national project for all Norwegian supplier industries.
The goals of the net zero project:
- Understand common challenges
- Identify new business opportunities
- Encourage each other to commit to a net zero ambition