– I have a genuine belief that the changes we all experience provide new exciting opportunities for those with an open mind, says Frode Bjørntvedt, CEO at Kristiansands Skruefabrikk & Mek verksted (KSMV).
Valley Voice – a column where our cluster members are in focus. What are they doing right now? How are they contributing to the Energy Transition? And which challenges and opportunities lay ahead?
1. What are you doing right now?
Plans are now being made to carefully take back everyday life and get a normalized approach to both costumers and employees. However, first and foremost, we are planning a common holiday for all employees and will at the same time meet customer needs during the holidays.
2. How is Kristiansands Skruefabrikk ( KSMV ) AS contributing to the energy transition?
In addition to being close to the customers and capture trends and evolutions in the market, KSMV has production technology and solutions that helps the traditional mechanical industry reduce the carbon footprint. Marketing these solutions, and further challenge and develop ourselves in this perspective, is high on the agenda.
3. What are the biggest challenges and opportunities in the future?
I have a genuine belief that the changes we all experience provide new exciting opportunities for those with an open mind. Of course, secure and properly qualified labor, that also incorporates and utilizes the rapid changes in digitalization, is quite a challenge for traditional mechanical industry.
4. What keeps you awake at night with regards to the energy transition?
Luckily I sleep easily! The energy transition is a comprehensive topic that of course has many aspects attached to it. I think that we are lucky to live in a country with a proud history of finding our way. In combination with a stable political and socio-economic framework, I’m confident that we as a team will find innovative solutions to meet the future demand for energy in an increasingly more sustainable way.
5. What is most valuable about being a member of Energy Valley?
I have to admit I’ve not been too involved with Energy Valley yet, but I look forward to get to know more of the impressive partners involved in the network, and both share and challenge perspectives on opportunities ahead.
6. Is there any book that has inspired you in the way you lead?
Ingebrigt Steen Jensen – “Ona fyr” – Enthusiasm is underestimated.
7. Which Energy Valley member do you want to pass the baton on to?
I would like pass the baton over to Martin Skotte Flø at TechnipFMC. And finally, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all partners in Energy Valley a fantastic summer!
Thank you, Frode!