Date(s) - 07/05/2019
11:00 - 22:00
Meet Vattenfall, Equinor and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and help them solve technology challenges in the Offshore Wind industry.
In cooperation with Energy Innovation Cluster (DK), NORWEP, and Innovation Norway we are delighted to invite you to a hackathon for the Danish and Norwegian offshore wind industry in Aarhus, Denmark. The hackathon is an innovation workshop dedicated to professionals of the offshore wind industry (incl. design, manufacturing, tech experts, service companies, technical and knowledge institutions) to work with some of the major challenges presented by some of the largest companies in the industry.
We will address challenges in the following areas:
- Access to nacelle without a door in towers. Platform-free foundations.
- New slip joint solution; smart connection method, correcting verticality & smart method if pile gripper doesn’t work.
- How to get rid of project-specific certification of foundations.
- Fast docking of SOV.
- Modularized fabrication of jackets.
- Instrumentation & Digital twin of foundations to optimize the design.
- Installation vessel of the future, what speed is required for the vessel.
- Mobile and efficient cable testing equipment when moving from 33kv to 66kv array cable.
You will get a unique opportunity to network, and discuss technology development challenges with three major players from the offshore wind industry; Vattenfall, Equinor and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in a vibrant and innovative workshop facilitated by experienced professionals. Together with other companies, this is a chance to develop new solutions to the offshore wind industry.
The hackathon will also set focus on collaboration opportunities and synergies between Danish and Norwegian companies for supporting the development of the global offshore wind industry. Prior to the hackathon, there will be optional company site visits, an executive summit and a networking dinner for Norwegian and Danish companies.
Program for Tuesday, May 7th (optional):
11:00 Company Visits to selected companies from the Offshore Wind Industry in Aarhus region.
17.30 Executive Summit
- Presentations showcasing Danish and Norwegian collaborations.
- Welcome by Energy Innovation Cluster and Norwegian Energy Partners.
- Why Danish & Norwegian Collaborations are relevant? – Norwegian Ambassador, Aud Kolberg.
- Importance of Innovation in the Offshore Wind Industry.
– Director of Institute, Peter Hauge Madsen, DTU Wind energy
– Head of Research, Bård Tveiten SINTEF Ocean
– Chief Scientist, John Olav Tande SINTEF Energy
19.00 Networking dinner
Program for Wednesday, May 8th:
8:00 Registration and Networking coffee
8:20 Welcome and Program presentation by Program Moderator, Ole Brøndum
8:30 Presentation of Challenges in Offshore Wind
- Equinor – Pål N. Coldvin, Head of New Energy Development
- Vattenfall – Ian Baker, Manager of Electrical Project Engineering
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy – Jesper Møller, Head of Concepts & Solutions
09:30 Presentation of the Hackathon participants
Individual pitch (20 seconds): Name, Company, Product/service, Looking for…
10:00 Workshop 1: Including Hackathon kick off, challenger definition and establishment of working teams
12:30 Workshop 2: Continue working on the challenges
15:00 Continue the good work
16:30 Group presentations of results
17:15 Plan for moving forward and closing remarks
Registration fee NOK 1 250 for members of Energy Valley/NORWEP, and NOK 2 500 for non-members. An additional fee of NOK 500 applies to the optional company visits on Tuesday, May 7th.
For more information please contact Project Manager Emil Løvgren.