The Energy Valley cluster organisation, recently appointed Norwegian Centre of Expertise in Energy Technology, is hiring an EU advisor. The main objective of the advisor is to help Energy Valley member companies exploit opportunities within the European funding program for research and innovation, Horizon 2020 (and succeeding programs). The position is located in Oslo, Norway, and is a fixed, full-time engagement.
- EU projects: On behalf of the Energy Valley organisation and/or member companies, identify relevant EU calls for proposals, business opportunities and projects and assist in application processes, as well as manage awarded projects.
- Partnerships: On behalf of the Energy Valley organisation and/or member companies, map out potential collaborators and facilitate cooperation with suitable national and international partners from clusters, businesses, academia, etc.
- Representation and influence: Represent Energy Valley at relevant European innovation related arenas and work strategically to promote the Energy Valley region’s interests, needs and priorities towards new research, innovation and work programmes.
- Mobilisation: Inform and encourage Energy Valley member companies to take active part in EU collaborative initiatives and projects.
- Minimum of master’s degree in relevant field, such as political science, economics, law etc.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with EU programmes, either from the EU side, or working with the EU system from the outside. Previous experience with Horizon 2020 is an advantage.
- Solid track record in project management, ideally with EU projects.
- Excellent command of English, both written an oral. Basic knowledge of Norwegian or other Scandinavian language is an advantage.
- Fluent in at least one nordic language.
- Knowledge of the energy industry is an advantage, but not a definite requirement.
- Service-minded and proactive.
- Culturally aware, with an ability to adjust to changing settings and stakeholders.
- A genuine desire to contribute to growing research and innovation in one of the world’s leading energy technology and engineering hubs.
What we can offer:
- Small, specialised core organisation with a comprehensive network and broad external exposure.
- Close cooperation with competent, engaged and open professionals, both within the Energy Valley administration and from our member companies.
- Offices within a modern and easily accessible office community, located 10 minutes outside the Oslo city centre.
- Competitive salary and excellent pension and insurance schemes. Inclusion in the Norwegian social security system.
About Energy Valley:
Energy Valley is a cluster organisation and Norwegian Centre of Expertise (NCE) in Energy Technology that gathers about 200 member companies and partners in the greater capital region of Norway. In addition, we connect and cooperate with key resources globally, from NTNU in Trondheim, Norway, to Stanford in California, US.
Energy Valley is a hub for world-leading subsea engineering, as well as a strong force in the energy transition and digitalisation of the energy industry. By offering infrastructure and initiatives for collaboration, innovation, knowledge transfer, and new insight, Energy Valley helps its members adapt to, benefit from, and contribute to energy industry in transition.
Employing about 31 000 primarily highly skilled professionals, the cluster generates a total value add of more than 50 billion NOK per year.
Application and CV can be submitted to email@example.com and will be evaluated on a continuous basis. Questions regarding the position can be directed at Preben Strøm, Managing Director of Subsea Valley at +47 911 75 866 or firstname.lastname@example.org.