Energy Valley & the Solar Energy cluster organisation, Norway`s leading Energy Technology Clusters, are hiring an EU advisor. The main objective of the advisor is to help the clusters member companies exploit opportunities within the European funding program for research and innovation, Horizon 2020 and the upcoming Horizon Europe. The position is located in Oslo, Norway, and is a fixed, full-time engagement.
- EU projects: On behalf of the Energy Valley and the Solar Energy Cluster organisation and/or member companies, identify relevant EU calls for proposals, business opportunities and projects and assist in application processes, as well as manage awarded projects.
- Partnerships: On behalf of the Energy Valley organisation and the Solar Energy Cluster and/or member companies, map out potential collaborators and facilitate cooperation with suitable national and international partners from clusters, businesses, academia, etc.
- Representation and influence: Represent Energy Valley and the Solar Energy Cluster at relevant European innovation related arenas and work strategically to promote Norway’s and the region’s interests, needs and priorities towards new research, innovation and work programmes.
- The candidate will also have an important role to align the strategic goals of the clusters towards the strategic goals of H2020/Horizon Europe.
- Mobilisation: Inform and encourage member companies to take active part in EU collaborative initiatives and projects.
- Minimum of master’s degree in relevant field, such as technology, political science, energy or similar.
- Solid knowledge of EU programmes, either from the EU side, or working with the EU system from the outside. Previous experience with Horizon 2020 is an advantage.
- Solid track record in project management, ideally with EU projects.
- Fluent Norwegian/Scandinavian language, and excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the energy industry is a great advantage, but not a definite requirement.
- Service-minded and proactive.
- Culturally aware, with an ability to adjust to changing settings and stakeholders.
- A genuine desire to contribute to growing research and innovation in one of the world’s leading energy technology and engineering hubs.
What we can offer:
- Small, specialised core organisations with a comprehensive network and broad external exposure.
- Close cooperation with competent, engaged and open professionals, both within the Energy Valley/Solar Cluster administration and from our member companies.
- Modern and attractive facilities at Fornebu, just outside Oslo.
- Competitive salary and competitive pension and insurance schemes.
About Energy Valley:
Energy Valley is a cluster organisation and Norwegian Centre of Expertise (NCE) in Energy Technology that gathers about 200 member companies and partners in the greater capital region of Norway.
Energy Valley is a strong force in the energy transition and digitalisation of the energy industry. By offering infrastructure and initiatives for collaboration, innovation, knowledge transfer, and new insight, Energy Valley helps its members adapt to, benefit from, and contribute to a sustainable energy transition.
About the Solar Energy Cluster:
The Norwegian Solar Energy Cluster is a national cluster for the solar energy sector in Norway. Activities are focused both on the Norwegian as well as the international energy markets. The cluster has 100 partners. The Solar Energy Cluster has identified six marked areas with growth potential and special competence in the cluster; Large scale solar parks, floating solar parks, Off-grid solutions, Building-integrated solutions, Sustainable production of materials and Energy systems & storage.
Application and CV can be submitted to email@example.com and will be evaluated on a continuous basis. Questions regarding the position can be directed at Preben Strøm, Managing Director of Energy Valley at +47 911 75 866 or firstname.lastname@example.org