The EU project Change2Twin, coordinated by Sintef Digital just launched an open call for manufacturing SMEs and mid-caps to implement digital twin solutions. Energy Valley members can apply for the 25 available assessment vouchers worth up to 10.000 euros, and the application deadline is set for 29th of March 2021.
Change2Twin is an EU funded project that supports manufacturing SMEs in their digitalization process by providing digital twin solutions. The open call will select approximately 25 SMEs and mid-caps, who will receive a lump sum up to 10.000 euros to get a digitalization assessment from a certified Digital Innovation Hub (DIH), which will help the company in question implement digital twins in manufacturing environments.
The DIH will perform a thorough analysis of the digitzation potential of the selected companies, along with a report detailing achievable improvements with digital twin technologies and a complete recipe for their deployment.
Ideal use cases for funding through Change2Twin could be one of the following:
- Virtual Design: Model-based system engineering, including analysis and design, ensuring that requirements are met and providing for seamless integration, test, verification and validation.
- Customer Engagement: Interactive display of the system and its capabilities, for customers to understand how it meets their needs and how they will use it.
- Commissioning: Checking the on-site implementation of a system against its design as captured in the digital twin to detect commissioning faults or anomalies.
- Feedback to Engineering: Capturing usage characteristics with the digital twin to inform engineering of needs to change designs, or for future designs, or of operational risks.
- Monitoring: Monitoring of a system’s operation by the digital twin that is then able to, e.g. detect anomalies, performance degradation, etc.
- Optimization & Best Quality: Process control with the digital twin to optimize a systems operation for best performance and efficiency.
- Scheduling: Organization of workflows based on actual data and insights provided by the digital twin.
- Diagnosis: Investigation of the cause or nature of a fault condition, situation, or problem in the physical system by reasoning on live data within the digital twin.
- Preventive Maintenance: Maintenance and service of a physical system that lessens the likelihood of failures based on the observed and inferred system state as visible in the digital twin.
- Smart Logistics: Logistic processes that adapt to live data of needs and options as visible in the digital twin.
- Smart Systems: Systems that adapt to their dynamic environment, state, or tasks ad potentially learn how to do that best. The digital twin is then a core part of the system’s control.
For more information about the call, you can register for the webinar on 23 february (10.00-11.00) here, or get in touch with Energy Valleys EU advisor.
Maja Busch Sevaldsen, EU Advisor
+47 994 83 973