The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be an important contributor in Energy Valley’s business and strategic development and is responsible for the operational and financial oversight of the organization. The CFO works closely with the managing director, team members, Board of Directors and other important stakeholders to identify and pursue strategic financial and structural opportunities to strengthen Energy Valley and enable the cluster to realize a portfolio of ambitious flagship projects and goals, as well as the overarching mission of delivering the energy transition.
- Responsible for strategic financial and operational issues, and provide recommendations based on sound analysis and projections
- Actively participate in strategic business development of the cluster, including design and implementation of organizational structures and functions
- Engage MD and the Board of Directors to develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans; identify possible opportunities to strengthen the organization’s long-term financial and operational situation
- Together with the MD and the Board of Directors, develop a capital strategy and potentially the realization of a Seed/VC fund
- Ensure and develop the organization’s reporting schemes to the Board, government programs and Gold Label European benchmark certification
- Relevant stakeholder management, incl. start-up, capital and governmental engagement
- Lead the budget and forecasting processes
The ideal candidate is ambitious, analytical, business-oriented with commercial skills and a strong desire to create results.
- Strong and expansive background in management, particularly financial, business development and operational management
- Must possess full understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a one- to five-year time span
- Excellent oral and written communication; strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant Master`s degree or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be accepted.
- Advanced skills in Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About Energy Valley
Energy Valley is a globally recognized technology cluster and Norwegian Centre of Expertise (NCE) in energy technology with a centre of gravity in the greater capital region of Norway. The Energy Valley cluster and the surrounding eco-system is a driving force to accelerate the energy transition. Future value creation, energy technology development and new business opportunities is important for Norway to take a leading position also in a sustainable and renewable future.
Cooperation and strategic dialogue between business and industry, academia, start-ups, investors, and government, is crucial to identify solutions, develop strategies and implement pilot projects to manage a successful energy transition.
For questions regarding the role, please contact
Preben Strøm, Managing Director Energy Valley on mobile +47 91 175 866.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and Application Letter. Please mark your submission “Energy Valley – CFO”.
Oksenøyveien 10, 1366 Lysaker, Norway
Employer: Energy Valley
Percentage of full-time: 100%
Application deadline: 18.02.2021